Vegan Chocolate Muffins – With A Hint Of Coffee And Salted Peanut Butter Icing
Someone said coffee? And you said Salted Peanut Butter? Holy moly…. I am sold 😀
These vegan chocolate muffins are so easy to make. And oh so delicious too! My Friend Emma Jessop from Emma Jessop Nutrition has created this amazing recipe that I immediately felt compelled to share.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup warm plant based milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup melted peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt
Method (Vegan Chocolate Muffins)
- Mix all dry ingredients together and all wet ingredients together (in separate bowls). Then, combine until smooth. The mixture should be like a thick liquid. If it’s too runny or too solid add extra milk/flour.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 15-25 minutes. Finally, allow to cool before icing.
Method (Salted Peanut Butter Icing)
- Combine icing sugar, peanut butter and salt. Add a small amount of milk if it’s too thick.