Just on time for Halloween I thought I am going to share a Pumpkin Pie Muffin recipe which has been a hit on my Facebook page. I think I had the most engagement by sharing this recipe. I really enjoyed making them as they look very beautiful and taste amazing as well.
And given you can get the ingredients from any supermarket or health store, you can literally make them at any time.
And how cool would that be to share these cute treats with the kids in the neighbourhood knowing there is no sugar and they are getting vegetables as well.
so here we go.
Pumpkin Pie Muffin
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups Pumpkin purée
- 3 Tbsp Almond flour
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Vanilla essence
1. Cook or steam chopped pumpkin until it is very soft
2. Preheat the oven to 180C
3. In the food processor combine the pumpkin and the banana and blend until smooth.
4. Melt honey and coconut in a microwave and add it the pumpkin/banana mixture.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and mix it well.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pans (I used silicon mini muffin trays as it is the easiest to get them out).
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
2. Bake for about 20-25 minutes
Note: let the Pumpkin Pie Muffins completely cool down before taking out of the muffin tray.